Hi all,

thanks for caring about that :-)

Am Montag, den 25.04.2011, 12:57 +0200 schrieb Michel RENON:
[...Small Changes to improve LibreOffice ...]
There is already a proposal list fo GSOC 2011:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Gsoc/Ideas#UI_cleanup
To add some ideas, we can make a kind of survey ? or we use only our own
experience ? I have my own list ;-)
(Or do I just have to add my list of requests/bugs in bugzilla ?)

Good question ... As you pointed out, the main issue is to find whether
the issues are real issues that affect many people instead of being
weird from one person's point-of-view :-)

I'm currently working on the Design Team WhatWeNeed page on my personal
page - my goal is to move it to the "official" Design Team wiki soon.
Thus, I have (maybe in time?) summarized some ideas how to "Provide an
Easy Hacks Collection" yesterday. Could you please have a look (Section
"Cooperation and Communication with Other Teams)?
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:ChristophNoack/Temporary_Work_Space#What_the_Design_Team_Needs

How to start, well, maybe we can do it in a collaborative manner to
evaluate the issues without (at the moment) using the bugtracker - to
me, it seems to provide a better overview. Once we have some selected
items, we might ask the developers how they want to have it.

We started a similar collection quite some time ago for OpenOffice.org -
finding better defaults. So just as an idea how we handled that
collection and the discussion, please have a look:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience/Improving_OOo_Default_Settings

One issue remains - it is always a good idea to have someone who cares /
drives such an effort. It is not about solving each issue, but to take
care that a basic schedule is met, the feedback is sufficient etc. Is
there any chance that you pick might this item - that would be amazing.

Do you think it's a pertinent idea ?

Of course!

One small thing concerning one of your earlier proposals - the name
changes. I suggest to avoid large scale name changes at the moment for
various reasons. From my experience, every time we suggested a different
naming we ended up in finding many more places where we also found the
new name ... then we changed that and ended up in finding ... And,
terminology will also effect all localizations - sometimes they don't
have a proper equivalent. This has to be planned thoroughly. Here is a
small example of what I worked on earlier:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Printerpullpages/String_Reviews#2009-10-14_OpenOffice.org_Printing_Terminology_in_General

Cheers,
Christoph