Hi Paulo, hi Hillar, all!

Am Donnerstag, den 10.03.2011, 10:52 -0300 schrieb Paulo José:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance/Design_Proposals_for_%E2%80%9CAccessing_Functionality%E2%80%9D#Design_Proposals_Submitted

Wow, This is full of love! What did happen to these guys and their ideas? Where are they? :O

Great stuff, isn't it? We did this "Design Proposal Session" for
Renaissance - and this has been an amazing time, since I had the chance
to work with the guys at Hamburg for a few days within their office when
we prepared this effort. Pretty much fun!

Concerning the "what did happen to these guys". Well, some of those are
on this mailing list (which I'm really happy about). And to some, who
stopped activities concerning OOo some time ago, I've send an invitation
mail ... part of the first Kick-Off step named "Send Invitation to
Interested Parties". Unfortunately, only very few replied :-\

The ideas: Some of them went into the Renaissance prototype that got
famous for (people thought so) re-implementation of the Ribbon / Fluent
concept by Microsoft. Unfortunately, many tiny but great ideas had to be
postponed, because OOo wasn't ready yet ... so you may find stuff like
the "Keyboard Command Invocation" that is pretty similar to your mockup
once to be found at OMG Ubuntu:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Proposal_by_Andreas_Schuderer#Keyboard_Command_Invocation

So personally, I consider this collection still a great resource to
think about interaction improvements - it had been mostly created by the
community. If you look more closely, the major concepts are very
similar ... but the real potential is in the additional "small" ideas.