Hi Bernhard,

to begin with - it is a real pleasure to work with you, e.g. to see this
progress :-)

Am Freitag, den 14.01.2011, 09:29 +0100 schrieb Dr. Bernhard Dippold:
Am Donnerstag, den 13.01.2011, 19:33 +0100 schrieb Mirek M.:
2011/1/13 Bernhard Dippold <bernhard@familie-dippold.at>

[...]
Here is the result:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Macro_icon_proposal.png

I don't know where the menu icons derive (Tango?), but you're right:
We should be (or at least become) consistent.

For the Macros, this seems impossible at the moment ;-) I made a
screenshot to highlight the areas that refer to Macros (running,
selecting, ...):
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XR2kOg02yV_YpxtKIysIbg?feat=directlink

Weird, or?

This is what I've added to the wiki page: "The tango icons don't use a
gear wheel for the macros. Sometimes it looks like a stack of paper, a
piece of paper with syntax highlighted code, or a rectangular "play"
button."

So, if the gear wheel might be hard to identify, how about
using/overlaying this play button? Personally, I think there is enough
differentiation to media files. Up to you ...

I'm not quite sure - the play button is heavily connected to media in
my *personal* perception. Bu this doesn't mean anything in general.

No, I think you're right. I had (again) a look at LibreOffice and the
play icon seems to be (very, very strange) connected with "Select Macro"
and "Select Module" (play + hand). Nothing worth to copy :-)

And I didn't go away from the gear wheel as main symbol - the
syntax highlighted text was meant only as second level symbolism.

Okay, as you know, I still like the idea ... for our very first version
(perceiving some time pressure), this seems great and easy to alter
afterwards (if required).

At the moment I'd like to stick with this design, if nobody objects.

When we've finished a first version of the other icons, we can come back
on this again.

Totally agree! Thanks for your work :-)

If you start the Math icon: I had an idea of combining the symbol(s) with a
smaller area for syntax input at the bottom - similar to the actual Math window.

Don't know if it works - just wanted to let you know...

Cool idea, let's see whether it can be put together ...

Cheers,
Christoph