Hi Mirek, hi Bernhard!

Am Donnerstag, den 13.01.2011, 19:33 +0100 schrieb Mirek M.:
2011/1/13 Bernhard Dippold <bernhard@familie-dippold.at>

Hi all,

as I wasn't able to have any good idea on Draw and Base, I went over to the
Macro icon idea I had in mind for some time now:

Cool!

The two gear-wheels of my first proposal are too bold for the larger icons,
so I played with syntax highlighted text (directly copied from LibO macro
code window).

So it's getting real high-fidelity, don't you think? :-)

Here is the result:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Macro_icon_proposal.png

I like it. +1

A great start, but I'd like to add some thoughts as well. When I tried
to collect some of the symbolism ideas, I've noticed that the new icon
theme in LibO does not show any gear wheel :-( Instead, the icons there
are a funny mix of everything ... so there is a need to decide whether
to keep or not to keep the gear wheel.

This is what I've added to the wiki page: "The tango icons don't use a
gear wheel for the macros. Sometimes it looks like a stack of paper, a
piece of paper with syntax highlighted code, or a rectangular "play"
button."

So, if the gear wheel might be hard to identify, how about
using/overlaying this play button? Personally, I think there is enough
differentiation to media files. Up to you ...

The longer I am looking at the (large) icons, the more I'd like to
propose to use thicker lines for the code ... but then it gets (maybe
too) similar to Writer.

And, if I remember correctly, once you mentioned the terminal window
surrounding that code. Did you try that (maybe you did, and there were
good reasons to omit that)?

The gradient on the gear wheels is still too dark (should be the same as
the document border), but I have to stop for tonight.

I uploaded the source again to the known destination, linked from the Icon
wiki page: (I updated the present work status)

Thanks!

Currently, I'm not sure what icon to pick tomorrow - maybe Math, or
maybe Draw. Although I've spend too much time with Impress today, so
something different helps to "tidy up" my mind. If anybody of guys wants
to work on that, just let us know (on the list).

Sorry, I'm - again - unable to answer many of the other posts (Björn,
why do I omit your posts so regularly?), but other LibO duties also
require some time.

Cheers,
Christoph