On Fri Jan 07 2011 17:05:02 GMT-0800 (PST)  Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Rahul, all,

Rahul Prasad schrieb:
[..]
*
I was thinking of a nice background instead of a static colour.
You can find some of my design here
http://rahulprasad.com/public/libreOffice/writer/
Although design is not very appealing, but I am sure people will come come
up with better design.*

This idea has already been presented some time ago in the OOo UX project, but has not been implemented by now (AFAIK).

I can't find the proposal right now, but I'm quite sure, Christoph knows where to find it.

As our structure is different from the OOo project, it is much more likely that your ideas might become implemented. What you need is a developer interested in adding a "choose background color/image"-feature to the product.

I'm forwarding this mail to the developer list, CC'ing you, so you should get their replies even if you didn't subscribe to this list via

I don't know if this feature is easy or hard to implement, but perhaps it can be added to the list of "easy hacks":
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks

... where developer can pick it.

Best regards

Bernhard

As long as the background is an option I would have no problem with it.

Andy