Hi Tom

Le 2012-11-21 11:23, Tom Davies a écrit :
Hi :)

+1
Accessibility is important.  Unfortunately in LO it seems to heavily and thoroughly depend on Java
which the entire rest of the project is trying to break free from.

Apparently under Apache their version of OpenOffice is going to acquire all the accessibility stuff
from IBM.  AOO's version 4.0 (due out around February?) is apparently going to incorporate all that
in a new UI.  I'm not convinced they will actually manage it or even that  the rumour is true.

A side issue is that Impress seems to attract far less devs-time and doesn't seem to be as
excellent as Writer, Calc or Draw.  However i tend to feel the same about PowerPoint too.  PP seems
to have more functionality but it's a Pita to use and not just because of the usual MS issues.
There are a lot of independent programs that do a far better job of producing and running
slide-shows.  I keep losing the lists that people give me but even your package manager might give
some good ideas.
Regards from
Tom :)

Thanks for those great points and for warning of the code coming from IBM. We should not count on the code being added if we are going to turn this particular discussion of enhancing Impress accessibility code into a budgetary item. Requests should go in as if no new code were being worked on.

So, unless there is a wishlist attached to this particular discussion, we could perhaps start a new thread on it where it could be better discussed.

Just FYI, as this thread is about funding wishlist, we are trying to avoid cross-posting as it will make it more difficult for me to go around and pick out the different wishlist attributed to their particular teams.

We should also try to keep the discussion on topic as we need the the list for next year's budget projections. I have not been given a deadline to collect these but I imagine that the BoD will need some info pretty soon.

As long as the wishlist suggestions are reasonable, the BoD will look at it.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré