On 05/20/2011 08:37 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-05-20 07:10, drew a écrit :

I think you are are assuming that the globe is staying on the bottom - I
much  prefer it on top. Then again I'm not going to sweat it either.

No, I just saw that it was no longer on the page.
http://lo-portal.us/temp/temp1.png
http://lo-portal.us/temp/temp2.png

Thanks

Drew

Actually, I do like the globe at the top. The extra white space gives it more breathing room.

I guess it all boils down to our philosophy. Do we want to promote the suite at all times with the LibreOffice banner at the top or do we want to promote the "NA globe" icon first and then the LibreOffice banner.

I would prefer the first option of protecting the LibreOffice brand first and then the secondary position going to the group icon/banners. This would prevent the impression that national/language groups are more important than the whole of the LibreOffice membership. To me, this underlines the fact that the language groups are working within the limits/approval of the LibreOffice group.

The NA project is promoting LibreOffice, so what is the proper way?

NA project is proud to promote and support LibreOffice
or
LibreOffice is promoted and supported by the NA project

The pamphlet is for LibreOffice, but maybe the NA project should be listed if it is our pamphlet. The insert is for the NA project's DVD which contains LibreOffice and mostly related "stuff".

Is there anyway that we could try another version of the temp1.png version (temp3.png) with a smaller motif/scatter at the top and trying to give the banner, text and globe a little more space?

BTW ... I like the look of the square brackets and parentheses in the text. Are you following some sort of formatting system for this? It looks and reads really well.

Cheers

Marc