Hi Carl, Craig and Tim et al

Le 2011-05-12 14:28, C. Olofson a écrit :
On 05/12/2011 06:21 AM, Carl Symons wrote:
I'd like to see more attention to "North American Community - what?
(Remainder of time)"...
But what about elsewhere? What's happening with LibreOffice NA
marketing? This question should be central and revisited if only
briefly at each of these meetings.

Carl
I agree that it's a good idea to define LibO NA Marketing sooner than
later.

Would the DVD project fall, more or less, under the "marketing
collateral" umbrella? If that's the case, we can step back and sketch
out the whole collateral effort.

Apart from that and, as Carl suggests, a discussion regarding the NA
community, I'd also like to understand where the product is going and
how that should inform LibO NA Marketing.

Best,
-Craig

From the sounds of things, Carl and Craig bring up some points that are larger than those of just the DVD. While we have been mostly concentrating on completing a native North American DVD, it is nice that we are already thinking beyond this project and more into the purpose of the NA community. We should all not loose sight of the fact that this has all come about with Tim and Drew's US DVD initiative which has now grown to a NA Community initiative.

We should perhaps bring some of the discussion topics to the table this coming meeting on May 16th, hold a short discussion on these just to familiarize ourselves with these and plan on strategizing at the next meeting. As per our decision taken at the first NA Community meeting, we are to jump to a regular meeting schedule of the second Monday of every month. So our following meeting will be on June 13th. This should allow us to complete the ES NA DVD component and to move on to the FR NA DVD component.

We should also try to promote Mexican representation on the NA Community as we are severely lacking in this area, as well as Canadian representation.

Craig and Carl, feel free to add topics to the wiki page and we will try to at least acknowledge these during the meeting.

I also propose we take up Florian's offer of using the Talkyoo services as they are definitely more efficient for meetings such as these. We could maybe plan for this at our June meeting and keep this last meeting on the IRC (unless we can make arrangements for this upcoming Monday and if we are all in agreement).

Cheers

Marc