Hi Drew:

Le 2011-03-01 11:41, drew a écrit :
Hi Tim,

Well, I really this but right now you can not distribute those files.

Look this started as you wanting to give a disk to some friends - how it
got to be a formal project release in some peoples mind I don't know -
it would be great to make this into a community release (meaning some
people working on something that conforms to the TDF guidelines for
preserving that organizations brand and logo - the files you have do not
do that.

I believe that this is what we are looking at. Some other members have expressed interest and, as you know, we are in the process of looking for server space for our ISO. It also looks like there is support from some of our longer standing members. Tim has completed the collection of pieces needed to construct the disk and at the editing stage we will take a closer look at branding guidelines as well as files on the disk.

Also, there are files there that IMO can not be released as you do not
have the right to do so. (only a couple of those that I can see)

Can you point to the files so this can be corrected?

So - what I am asking is for folks to stop, really just stop and start
over with looking at what you are doing.

Then please get off the international list, unless you want to be a
formal project at the TDF level in which case much will need changing,
both in content and process, and as I've told you - I doubt the idea
effort would be allowed, it's that's simple.

On the contrary, again, some people have shown support and I believe that people already on the N.Amer. DVD would be interested in having it approved by the TDF as well as following the guidelines. I also believe that collaborating with the LibreOffice-Box team would be a good idea as the construction of the N.Amer.DVD follows closely the LibreOffice-Box model. Not only that, some members of the S.Amer. community have expressed interest and are looking on to see if the disc could also be used in their community, as we are also including ES on the disc. I have offered them help on the disc if there are too few of ES members to manage a community disc. So, really the disc would then take on more of an "LibreOffice Americas Disc". This is still really just of interest and discussion at this time.

If you want a disk for hand out by YOU great, but then it needs to be
branded for YOU. If you want to work on a local community disk that is
great, then it needs to be branded as a Community effort vs a TDF
effort. (only the German club seems to be capable of deciding on their
own what is TDF official - BTW)

I don't believe that this is exactly right. The TDF/SC members have been on the list and no one, as yet, has expressed this. In fact I believe that the time to start talking about Community DVD's has come and that we could perhaps lead the way as model for other NL/Community groups through our collaboration.

I have made a pitch for server space on the TDF servers, which would most likely make this project an official TDF/LibreOffice project. In the meantime, the html pages need editing for EN, tidying up with Logo and other file that you think may need changing. Sophie has offered to translate the FR and I am sure we can find ES translation help from the LibO translation team.

I believe the project has grown into a project of interest and holds value to the community.

Cheers

Marc