On 03/01/2011 04:17 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

How can you download these videos to the hard drive in Ubuntu 10.10? I
would like to keep an offline version of these videos and maybe add it
to a movie-style DVD. I was asked about this for Windows as well, so if
it is easier to do on Vista, I would still like to get these YouTube
videos on my hard drive.

Firefox has an add-on called DownloadHelper that can save videos. As Fabian mentioned, youtube's terms of service dis-allow this, but my understanding is that fair use is allowed, regardless of any terms of service, at least in the U.S. For example, jailbreaking your iPhone, or remixing a video is non-infringing use of copyrighted materials, according to the U.S. Copyright Office, even though Apple wants this to be illegal. Check with EFF or your attorney for details. :)

Fabian is right, though, that it would be nice to have the videos on explicitly more friendly terms, and it sounds like Drew is working on it.

     ----Jon