On 02/21/2011 10:01 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-02-21 09:21, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions a écrit :

Please check out the new page. I added most of the other dictionaries
that I had downloaded on my system. If there are other ones you would
like to see on this disc, let me know. I left the names the same as from
the online source, except added the country name for the ones that only
shows the 2 letter country code. If you would like to rename them, let
me know. Some of the names have special codes that may be important in
the original language though, like the 7 different German ones.

http://www.lungstrom.com/libreoffice-dvd-project/LibreOffice-disc-North-American-DVD/extensions.html

Hmmm. ... I am just wondering, seeing as we are adding so many dictionaries, is there space for ALL dictionaries. Then there will be no problem with having to pick through ALL of the dictionaries from this end. It would just be a matter of including all on the DVD. I am assuming there is enough space to do this. Would that be simpler than trying to second guess? This would also allow Canadian-Chinese to install a Chinese language dictionary.

For that matter, I don't know if this is going too far, but could we also offer all language files on the DVD that would allow for example a Canadian-Chinese to have a Chinese based LibreOffice with Chinese dictionary.

Of course the DVD would be based on English, French-Canadian, and Spanish-Mexico.

How does this sound?

Actually, some of the dictionary files are not in the http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries link that lists "all" of the dictionaries.

I will download them, and add them, if you say it is needed or wanted.

I agree that I am pushing for at least a North American version of a
DVD, but as long as someone wants to add the other languages to the DVD,
I have no problems with that. Adding the Central and South American
documentation and other links will be welcome, if someone could show me
where they are.

I was thinking about having a set of links for switching languages.

English, French-Canadian, Spanish-Mexico

These links will allow you to take the page you are viewing and change
to the other language version of that page. Something like the Wiki
pages do. Adding the other languages to the system will be half-way
easy, if someone actually does the translations editing for me. Google
does not do a good job, I am told.

I am wondering if this is where we could enlist the help of Sophie and the translation team?

This is really coming along. Many thanks to to the both of you, Tim and Drew. You are both amazing!

Marc

BTW ... a lot of talk on the Design list re: misuse of brand. Let's keep a watch on this and make sure we are keeping to the required branding rules[1]. I think we are good on this.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding