On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 18:00 -0800, Carl Symons wrote:
Looks great. I don't think it will be too busy. The new graphic looks cool.

What I would like your attention on is a new graphic on the second page
in the pdf, or as printed, the inside left panel. The updated file can
be reviewed here: (it's a little bit larger file now 2.2 megs, 1.5 frmt
now, with the new graphic generated at print resolution 300dpi)

http://baseanswers.com/libo/LibOPamphlet_scale_9x_a.pdf

I like it, but it might be getting a little busy, perhaps?

Hi Carl,

Thanks.

I did touch that graphic once more to open it up, by pulling the center
icons outwards. More of an oval now, I like this a good bit more.
- updated the pdf file at the URL above.

//drew

Drew, Marc,

This looks nice.

It would be helpful to incorporate all the goodies into an odt to be
used at other events (ahem...LinuxFest Northwest).

There are a couple of things here that the LibreOffice community could
assist with. Mona is coming to the Fest from Portland (about 250
miles). She'll be paying something out of pocket to get here. I will
be at the Fest as one of the Fest organizers and can support Mona with
exhibit people. What else?

1. It would be helpful to the LibO cause to have presentations at
LFNW. Is there a way for TDF to put out this call? I will also contact
Mona through the Fest site, suggesting ways that she can do this with
minimal effort.

2. It makes sense for the community to cover the cost of printing
brochures, rather than putting this cost on people who are already
pitching in to support LibO. Yes, there is a benefit to the
individuals. However, the community receives the bulk of the benefit
from more users and more exposure. And it's understandable that there
are a bunch of things that need to be paid for. Any ideas about how
this could work? Is there anybody on these lists who works for a
company uses or will use LibreOffice, and would be willing to use a
small part of the savings to pay for brochure printing?

Carl