Le 2010-12-29 12:23, Italo Vignoli a écrit :
On 12/29/2010 05:08 PM, James Walker wrote:

Maybe I am just having one of them days, but it is answers like this that
make me that way. TDF was brought online 3 months ago, and I know as soon
as it was announced I was here, and so was Marc. So there is really no
way
there could be anyway to be affilitated with TDF longer than that.

The private list for marketing has the objective of hiding some
discussions from the eyes of the competition (Oracle and Microsoft) and
is going to be opened very soon to contributors. This is different from
what you have mentioned in your previous message (and I agree with you
on the fact that we should be more open but sometimes is difficult to
get it right from day one and we must improve quickly).

Marketing strategies and press releases will be always discussed in a
private list, because we have lurkers from Oracle and Microsoft in our
public lists, and I would really like to make their life harder when it
comes to competing with TDF. Microsoft considers OOo like any other
competitor, and will soon put LibreOffice on the same ground.

Thanks for the information Italo. Let's not forget that one of the objectives of the LibO SC was to penetrate the US market. To do so, you will need a member of the US list. Strategies that you have used on the European market may not work as well on the American market. Having a native American representative on-board would most likely help in given more focus to your marketing initiatives in the US. BTW ... this would exclude me as an American representative. I would be interested in marketing strategic planning more on a global scale (admittedly, I would also be interested in the Canadian and US market also).

It then makes sense at this point, with very few days left before the appearance of the LibO suite, and with many people brandishing the date of the 10th of January being the release date (quite frankly, I don't know where this information is coming from), that, a small group working on the marketing strategy is necessary.

Looking forward to the release date.

Cheers

Marc