On 12/29/2010 05:08 PM, James Walker wrote:

Maybe I am just having one of them days, but it is answers like this that
make me that way.  TDF was brought online 3 months ago, and I know as soon
as it was announced I was here, and so was Marc.  So there is really no way
there could be anyway to be affilitated with TDF longer than that.

The private list for marketing has the objective of hiding some discussions from the eyes of the competition (Oracle and Microsoft) and is going to be opened very soon to contributors. This is different from what you have mentioned in your previous message (and I agree with you on the fact that we should be more open but sometimes is difficult to get it right from day one and we must improve quickly).

Marketing strategies and press releases will be always discussed in a private list, because we have lurkers from Oracle and Microsoft in our public lists, and I would really like to make their life harder when it comes to competing with TDF. Microsoft considers OOo like any other competitor, and will soon put LibreOffice on the same ground.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com