[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] How to handle blog posts that contain out-of-date information
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] How to handle blog posts that contain out-of-date information
- From: Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 20:59:40 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Saunders kirjoitti 4.12.2019 klo 14.47:
Someone pointed out that a few blog posts with technical details about
building LibreOffice are a bit out-of-date now, eg:
However, many people reach these pages from search engines, so we don't
just want to delete them completely.
I can add a big yellow banner at the top saying "This information has
been superceded by the guide in the wiki" and point people there, but I
just wanted to check what others think, in case there are better ideas!
I added the banners to the posts on Win, Linux and gerrit. Wording is currently "Please don’t use these instructions in practice – they become obsolete over time. Instead, follow the wiki article for x".
Feel free to propose improvements.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
|[libreoffice-website] How to handle blog posts that contain out-of-date information||Mike Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-website] Broken link on main website documentation page
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-website] EC keys for [gerrit.libreoffice.org]:29418 (Was: Planned Gerrit upgrade on Wed, Dec 25 from 00:00 to 04:00 UTC)
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] How to handle blog posts that contain out-of-date information
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-website] Planned Gerrit upgrade on Wed, Dec 25 from 00:00 to 04:00 UTC