Re: [libreoffice-website] Fixing broken links for previous LibreOffice releases

On 3/21/19 4:08 PM, Guilhem Moulin wrote:

> So today stable/6.1.5 is old/6.1.5.2. But the suffix isn't constant, so
> we would need to maintain a map.

Yes, this is what I realized when I wrote the Powershell script for
Chocolatey that is taking care of this mapping [1].

> If you want specific versions, why not using https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org
> instead of https://download.documentfoundation.org .

Because (like I wrote in my previous message), this would require to
change all the URLs in each chocolatey packages, which we want to avoid
for multiple reasons (explained as well).

> I suppose we could
> add some redirects to stable too, to avoid serving still ourselves.

And why do we need two dedicated mirrors actually? If I understand
correctly you/TDF did it that way to:

* only keep latest versions under CDN: i.e. download.documentfoundation
* and archives served by TDF directly (without CDN then): i.e.
downloadarchive.documentfoundation

Am I correct?

Which solution would be possible here?

* either hardcode all the redirections (I already have the mapping
between the links if needed)
* or do you need to write some scripts to automate this process for
future releases in your build system? I'm willing to help if needed
here.
* maybe another solution you have in mind?

Regards

[1]
https://github.com/wget/chocolatey-coreteampackages/blob/fix-libreoffice-website-link/automatic/libreoffice-streams/update.ps1#L94

--