Hello,
To start off, I went to http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/portable/4.1.4/LibreOfficePortable_4.1.4_MultilingualNormal.paf.exe.mirrorlist. Based on the information returned, I came to the conclusion that LibreOffice routes you to the closest mirror based on your IP address.
I did the following to attempt to directly connect to mirror.nexcess.net:
1. I opened a command prompt and typed in: ping mirror.nexcess.net -n 1
2. I copied the IP address.
3. I used Firefox's Modify Headers extension to make a request to the URL with mirror.nexcess.net replaced with the given IP address, 208.69.120.55. I set the header Host to mirror.nexcess.net. I didn't know if it was a simple DNS problem.
4. The download popped up, but then the same problem occurred again.
Nexcess is on top in the list. So, I chose the second mirror on the list, and it redirected me to http://mirror6.layerjet.com/tdf/libreoffice/portable/4.1.4/LibreOfficePortable_4.1.4_MultilingualNormal.paf.exe. Even though the download time increases (it originally estimated it would take 10 minutes), the download stalling problem has gone away. So, I think it is safe to say that Nexcess or my ISP accessing Nexcess has an issue. My ISP is Buckeye CableSystems. Would the IP address be useful information? What led you and your marketing team to the decision to only have X-LibreOffice listed on the Italian LibreOffice Portable page? Thank you for your detailed reply.

Regards,
xmlhttprequest.open@gmail.com