On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

What Robinson has done is to create a folder called "common" with his
account. He shared it with the public for reading. At the same time, to
selected users, he shares it writable. This means that e.g. you and me see
this folder in their ownCloud accounts and can directly open it and push
files to it.

More info here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Owncloud#Technical_Details

User 'libreoffice' owns the shared folders (that's why the public
pages all say 'User libreoffice has shared xyz with you').

All user accounts in the 'users' group have read/write access to
Common/. Aanyone who we trust with an ownCloud account should (and
will) be added to this group on account creation, so it is truly a
common space for all logged-in users.

--R