Le Fri, 08 Nov 2013 17:30:27 +0100,
Thomas Hackert <thackert@nexgo.de> a écrit :

Hello Charles, *,
On Freitag, 8. November 2013 14:18 Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Le Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:39:09 +0100,
Thomas Hackert <thackert@nexgo.de> a écrit :
On Donnerstag, 7. November 2013 17:04 Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Le Thu, 7 Nov 2013 09:09:19 -0200,
"Daniel A. Rodriguez" <daniel.armando.rodriguez@gmail.com> a
écrit
2013/11/7 Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>
Le Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:15:28 -0200,
écrit :
2013/11/7 Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>
<snip>
Let's try then :-) Below is a rough sketch.
[Proposal for the new website]
it already somehow, on our development top section)
--> link to a specific L10n Page (somewhat depends as well on
us creating a specific page explaining the process in a few
words, plus links to Pootle and
translations.documentfoundation.org )

Two links to Pootle (as it is behind the address
translations.documentfoundation.org) ;?

yes, that's correct. In fact one goes to Pootle, the other one

To pootle.org then? But why? I would only link it on the bottom of
the translations... site (something like "look, this is the software
we are using for translation" ... ;) )

No, sorry, I meant to our own instance of Pootle.

goes to translations.documentfoundation.org . Another lists the
native-lang sites and another explains and/or points to the actual
l10n process.

O.K.

- link to the wiki
- link to pads
- link to the public owncloud repo.

What about some kind of feed from the blogplanet, when devs/QAers
blog about their work (or better say, some kind of "blogroll";)
)? Or tweets/dents, other Free social network stuff?

See the homepage and yesterday's points from Sophie (in a
nutshell: yes, but directly from the homepage).

Would it possiblee to split it? On the main page only
feeds/blogposts/tweets/dents/whatsoever releated to announcements,
on the "Get Involved" page the feeds/... from devs/QA about related
stuff? And maybe for each NL's pages that in their own language? But
I am not sure, if this is possible ... :(

That's such a great question that I suggest we open a separate thread
about it, and look forward to much fun :p

- Events
So I thought about this section for a while. It does not exist
anywhere on the current website. In fact, there's nothing about
events anywhere but the wiki. That sucks, not just for us as
for any event organizers who would actually like to have this
kind of promotion anyway. Besides we leave contributors in the
dark on this topic, which is sad.

Would it be possible to add a calendar to the main site (like on
www.opensuse.org below "News & Events")? Then we have it visible
directly on our main page ... ;) And what about
http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/libreoffice-international-events-calendar/?
It is not only available in the wiki ... ;) But you are right. I
think we should place it in a more visible place ... ;)

About the calendar, frankly: this stuff looks unclear. When's the
next event? What's the next three events we're participating to?
If I need more details, I'd just click on them. The calendar view
blurrs the message I think.

For that reason I mentioned the openSUSE site (or maybe other sites,
that may also use some kind of calendar) ... ;) I would like to see
something like their "News & Events" thingie on our pages (maybe
split as well across our different subsites: On the main site maybe
only a calendar with next releases, international trade fairs etc.,
on the different subsites like "Get Involved" one for next QA Call,
next QA bug hunting session, something like that ... ;)

I'm not sure about the super  internal events such as calls that you're
mentioning. But I'm also not sure I get what your point is with the
OpenSuse  page. To me their section looks very small and almost
confusing. Am I missing something?

- About
About section should explain in a few words what the
LibreOffice project is, how it started, plus the relation with
the Document Foundation . Also included should be the legal
matters subsection (licensing, source code, as well as German
legal imprint), a few

Just out of interest: Would this mean, that you want to remove
the footer of the page, as there is the imprint as well as the
licensing information)? But I am not sure, what you mean with
"source code" here ... :(

Not at all. Of course the footer might get a graphical refresh but
in itself the content of the footer SHOULD NOT change.

O.K. But why would you put the German imprint there, when it is in
the footer of the page?

Ah, because the German law requires it and there's nothing we can do
about it AFAICT.

As for the source code, we're talking about the source code of
LibreOffice, the software <source code>

Below the "About" page? I would – as a visitor – expect it more
below the download page ... ;)

That's true and it'll be there as well, but duplication is not a
problem for this kind of things I think.

Thanks for your input!

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,