Hello,

Le Fri, 8 Nov 2013 18:13:33 +0100,
Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier@googlemail.com> a écrit :

Hi *,

Am 07.11.2013 12:09 schrieb "Daniel A. Rodriguez" <
daniel.armando.rodriguez@gmail.com>:
[…]
What about defining sections? As mentioned in another thread, maybe
we could have a main area, with translatable content, surrounded by
NL teams own info and advanced users section.

That's a good point. As most of the nl projects have translations of
the English page only and very little own content, maybe its worth to
reconsider the split from the beginning. As you write a single site
with translated pages (like for example the case for
donate.LibreOffice.org) might be a better was to go.
But then the design needs to take language selection into account.

Of course projects can still have their own domain if needed, or just
their own section on the main domain.

What I Luke the design to do however, is to scale well to different
screen sizes, eg collapse the navigation to a button when viewed on
mobile devices, etc.

Also the sublevels need to be addressed. The current site doesn't use
deep nesting, not sure whether that should change.

Ciao
Christian

Thanks Christian!

As the results from the survey on engaging users are now published,
it appears clearly that we ought to make it easy and clear for existing
and potential users to contribute. There are two ways -or two places we
ought to do that, and this starts straight with the top menus.

I'm thinking about two of them, specifically.
We discussed the "Get Involved" one in detail already, but I'm a bit
concerned that besides the exhaustive aspect of the information we want
to display, we need to make it visually appealing. Understand by that
that we must as often as possible avoid long blocks of text and prefer
shorter texts with more graphics. This page is a good example:
http://developer.ubuntu.com/ and this one which covers even more
topics: http://fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora

That would be for the Get Involved Section. We can refine the content
with each subsection and page, but at least the point would be to get a
clear overview of the opportunities.

The other place I was thinking about is the homepage. There will be
several other things on the homepage to be sure, but  what do people
think if we were to put some graphical element about "Getting Involved"
or at least some clear text directly on the homepage?

Thanks for your feedback,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,