Hello Sophie,

Le Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:23:21 +0100,
Sophie <gautier.sophie@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi Charles, all,
Le 07/11/2013 17:04, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
[...cut...]

Let's try then :-) Below is a rough sketch.

- Home :
Home Page - Welcome page: Slogan, visuals, news, tweets, punchline
of the moment, donate, "discover LibreOffice and Download buttons".

and a link to the planet and may be install the NLC planet at the
same time?

Yes, very much so :-)

- Discover Libreoffice
- What's LibreOffice? -  Presentation of the suite apps (submenus
first level) - LibreOffice, the community - get involved today-
whatever nice marketing materials we can come up with in terms of
software comparison: "LibreOffice vs MS Office". Granted, we may
not have the last one ready.

From the questions that were asked on the FR list when I announced
the
survey, I would give a definition of what means getting involved, and
link it to the community section below

Okay.

 - Download
Download Page for the two stable branches and the langpacks and
integrated help. Link to the source code. The package selection,
just like today, links to the second download page which prompts
for the donations. Button to "get involved"

we also link to portable version

yes.

- Get Help -Support (pardon the unclear title)
I don't foresee any major difference than the one we have
currently. A clear separation between the various kind of help
channels of course, and a section for professional support and
certified partners.
ok

- Community
breaking the section into several topics/teams: dev, qa,
doc,native-lang/l10n*, marketing, website, infra, design, etc.
with the proper links for the mailing lists or specific pages; as
well as as IRC channels, etc.
--> links to the development tools: gerrit and a dev page (we have
it already somehow, on our development top section)
--> link to a specific L10n Page (somewhat depends as well on us
creating a specific page explaining the process in a few words, plus
links to Pootle and translations.documentfoundation.org )
- link to the wiki
- link to pads
- link to the public owncloud repo.

I would like to separate l10n to NLC, even if the same members appears
often in the two groups, we need to enhance NLC participation at all
the levels of the project and not only at the l10n level

Why not indeed. But somehow we need to find the proper wording for
this...

- Events
So I thought about this section for a while. It does not exist
anywhere on the current website. In fact, there's nothing about
events anywhere but the wiki. That sucks, not just for us as for
any event organizers who would actually like to have this kind of
promotion anyway. Besides we leave contributors in the dark on this
topic, which is sad.

What would you add ot it? dedicated material, how-to run a booth, a
hackfest, a regicon and such? or more marketing oriented?

At the very least, a list of events we are/will be at. It's really
anything from the official LibreOffice conference, the hackfests, to
events like the LinuxCon or the Cebit - or smaller events. A link to
how to run a booth (pointing to materials on the wiki) is of course
possible.

- About
About section should explain in a few words what the LibreOffice
project is, how it started, plus the relation with the Document
Foundation . Also included should be the legal matters subsection
(licensing, source code, as well as German legal imprint), a few
words about our governance and a specific page (subsection) on the
Advisory Board.

and how to become a TDF member :)

:-)

I'm SURE I've forgotten something :-) Feedback welcome,

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Charles.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder & Director, The Document Foundation,