Hi Florian, *,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
==
Could libreoffice.org join the PDF Readers campaign of FSFE, by changing the
logo of the PDF documents site-wide?

Italo already answered and explained the difference between document
and application already.

But if the icon is to be changed: it's added via css in typography.css
So if there is a decision to change it, changing it is easy.

This page recommends Adobe Reader, which is a non-free software. [1]

1. http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
==

Either the page has already be modified, or I fail to see how it is
recommending Adobe Reader.

As I lack insight on how that could be changed in Silverstripe (if we want
to), I am forwarding the request to this list for further discussion.

See above - doing the change is rather easy, a one-line-change. But
whether we want to change it or not is of course another question.

It would have helped if some alternative icon proposals were included
in that mail.

The one that was linked to by Robinson is a bad icon, at least for the
desired size. It is just a green blob/you have to look very close to
"parse" it, so not using an icon at all would be better option than
using that.

But I'm with Italo here: I don't see the need for changing the
document-icon. But of course I don't see a reason why the page
mentioned above should not be pointing to pdfreaders org  for getting
a PDF viewer application, using one of the banners they provide on
http://pdfreaders.org/graphics.en.html

ciao
Christian