Not in my area of New York State.

I live in the "county seat" plus just across the river from down town of the County's "capital" city, and we do not have good things like that. For the $40 USD we get 15 down and 1 up, if we are very lucky. Even though we are paying for that service, we usually get about a tenth of that on a normal day.

We have coax cable to the buildings and a cable box to convert it to Ethernet "WAN", digital phone, or cable TV of both analog and digital HD channels. There are more services, but I do not needs the home security and other products advertised.

The cable from fiber optics is long and old [our building cable is from the 1970's when there was only 20 +/- channels to our cable TV system]. The node has 10 times the number of users than the system can handle properly. My building has about 200 apartments and by their system specs should have its own fiber node [or two], but we share it with a large multi blocks of other houses and apartments. The cable going to the buildings and in the building are so old and were not designed for modern bandwidth.

We have to have these service boxes in house, since we have to regularly reset them to fix issues with the connection.

Our communication backbone is really old.

Europe, according to all of the tech programs I have seen about it, tends to get things done better and quicker than we get in here. No one here wants to spend the money for new equipment for our backbone, Internet, TV, or phone. Without competition to force the local service providers to make their service better, it never gets done. It was only a few years ago the cable company was forced to put fiber from their service building to the centralized "master nodes" that are connected to the local nodes. They had to do it when they were forced to offer HD TV to fight people going to HD satellite services. But they skimped on the number of local nodes.

We use to have some competition for services, but our cable lobby were able to get the regulations changed that made it unprofitable for competition to be in my area. We had to make laws to force the local Electricity provider to buy electricity from the wind-based electrical generators. NYSEG would not buy any solar or wind power generated by their customers or even connect to the wind farms. Clean energy laws had to be passed to force them. The same type of mind-set is with out cable and phone providers.