Hi Marc,
On 03/12/2012 18:49, Marc Paré wrote:
Hi Sophie,

Le 2012-12-02 14:22, Sophie Gautier a écrit :

Small feedback from my side about it. When we were on OOo, the NLC did
have a multilanguages planet. That was said as is, and nobody never
complained about it. We did have a lot of post on several languages.
The option we have currently is
- to post only in your language and choose to not be mirrored on the
planet,
- to post in English and be mirrored on the planet, but for sure be not
read in your language,
 From what I've seen, only one person complained about my post in French
on the planet, but several people are able to read French or English and
are happy with my post but are not able to post comments in a different
language. The later, however, doesn't seems to be an issue.
My proposal is with several options:
1- we have a NL planet, appearing in every languages and it will show
the diversity of our community on a dedicated channel of communication,
but never mixed with the international or official channel,
2- we do not allow anything but English on the planet, but the planet
will reflect the English speaking community only
3- we dedicate a TDF planet for official communication, to make sure
it's not diluted in a planet in several languages and dedicate a planet
to whatever the language
4- we have a allmixed planet in whatever the language and level of
communication.

My preference goes to 3 and 4.

In conclusion, if you want an English only planet, please remove my
thread because I'll go on publishing in English and French when I feel
the needs :)

Kind regards
Sophie

Thanks for all of these suggestions. Here is an additional suggestion
that I would add:

5- Have an official TDF planet for official communication, then have
planets for all languages (EN included) and make sure there are links
(right block) to nl planets. The planets will then look equal from the
visitor's perspective with no particular language being considered more
important/elevated than the other.

* EN as the official communications language for the project would be
maintained.

* we could try to find members who could "lead" their own particular nl
planets and get them to promote en encourage content from their own nl
communities.

* We could then work towards getting dedicated "planet translator
members" who would translate article of worth to their own nl language
planets.

* this would promote "teamwork" where the EN language barrier would be
eliminated for the nl planets

It's a good idea, but -you know there is always a but ;-) if you read
the planet, currently this is mostly developers and TDF board members
who are posting on it. So before creating planets for each language,
having one containing all the languages would be enough and may be less
intimidating for non English bloggers. Once there is enough blogs
gathered on this one, we could of course enhance the process.
The choice for posting in the two languages was for less fragmentation,
but as it's not appropriate, let's have a dedicated planet for people
like me who wants to blog in whatever language, even if we touch a
smaller part of the community. If you read the comments on my blog, here
for example, language is not an issue when it's said ;)
http://sophiegautier.com/blog/ecrire/poster.php?post_id=188#c10130
Kind regards
Sophie

--