Hi Olivier,

Olivier Hallot wrote on 2012-12-01 15:19:

If it should be english-only, then it is not the case currently.

Besides, I think this english-only stuff is equivocated, and hits a nail
in our manifesto.

Of course, it is up to the blogger to write or not in english, for
whatever reason.

I beg to review this assumption (I don't recall "english-only" was
brought to the BoD as an issue).

"ich kann da nur für mich sprechen, aber ich denke, dass die meisten Leute, die unseren internationalen Planet lesen, diesen in englischer Sprache erwarten. Wir haben extra einen portugiesischen Planet eingerichtet, auf Bitten von Eliane."

So, now you see why I think the mixture of languages is no good idea - the above was German on an English mailing list. :)

Here's the translation:
"I can only speak for myself, but I think that most people who read our international planet expect it to be in English language. We have specifically set up a Portuguese planet, asked for by Eliane."

Do you think a Planet that has a mixture of English, German, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese, Japanese and Czech is helpful to anyone? I doubt it, I think people won't read it at all. We've seen that when for the English blog we posted one German note - people were rather upset. ;-)

But, since we are on the website mailing list, what do people think?
I am not vetoing, this was just my personal opinion, so if there's positive feedback towards a multilanguagl Planet, why not?

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Jabber: floeff@jabber.org | SIP: floeff@iptel.org