Hi Jean,

Le 2012-09-12 21:09, Jean Weber a écrit :

While we're on the subject of the FAQs, the FAQ link from the get-help
page points to a page of questions about LO and TDF which has
essentially nothing to do with user support. The question for "Where
to get support" sends the reader back to the get-help page or to two
docs pages (website and wiki) or to the mailing lists. Nowhere,
AFAICT, is the wiki FAQ mentioned.

Although the wiki can be daunting for ordinary users, sending people
there from the get-help page could have the advantage of introducing
them to the community.

I don't particularly care whether or not we have a link from get-help
to the wiki, btw. Just pointing out some related issues about user
support.

--Jean

Thanks for the wiki link, it has been published.

BTW ... I just realized that there are actually 2 FAQ's in the "Get Help" section. There is the main menu "Get Help ->FAQ" and there is the "Get Help->Documentation-> (bottom of page) http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation"-> (bottom page) http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq";

This last one is the one to which I was making reference regarding Mas' possible entry into the FAQ->Base. Do you think it would be better if this FAQ link were to show on the Documentation page instead of makiing the user hunt for it?[1]

I also re-read the FAQ on the menu. I agree with your comments, little to do with user help. It is more of an "informative" FAQ. It should really be moved to the "About US" section of the website. This would possibly open up a menu slot for the second FAQ if you thought that it would be better suited there ... but to me, the second FAQ has more to do with Documentation and aspects of LibreOffice that have not yet been incorporated/documented into an official LibreOffice guide.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

--