Hi Marc,

Am 09.09.2012 18:23, schrieb Marc Paré:
Hi Andreas,

Le 2012-09-09 11:58, Andreas Mantke a écrit :
Hi all,

I've added a page with the statutes of the TDF to the website
documentfoundation.org. The statutes are more prominent (and in the HTML
format) available on the website (German and translation into English).
http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/statutes/

Regards,
Andreas

Thanks!

The comment(s) I would have on the page is that DE version shows first
at the top of the page, there is no indication to the site visitor
that there is an EN version at the bottom of the page. Had I not known
from your post, I would have imagined that the version of the statutes
page had been mistakenly posted on the site rather than on the DE
localized site, and, I would have abandoned the reading the page after
the second scroll down the page.

you are right. We should explain in a paragraph at the beginning of the
page that the original of the statutes is in German and that they could
find an English translation at the bottom of the site, maybe with links
to the English text.

Also, more importantly, even though the original statutes document was
most likely in DE, the TDF site is supposed to be in international EN
(by our own site building convention). Therefore, if anything, the EN
version should come first for our site visitors to read.

The case is here a bit different because the German text is the root and
the English version is the best possible translation. It's because the
foundation is created with the domicile in Berlin, Germany under the
German law.

My recommendation: move the EN version to the top of the page, and if
the original document was in DE, leave a comment where the DE version
starts saying something like:

"Original German text" or "German text registered with ..." or
something explaining why there is a DE version on the page.

Better to leave our visitor's well informed rather than asking obvious
questions.

My question to all of this is: why it it so important to have the DE
text at all?

See my explanation above. We all need the German text because we had to
compare it with the English one.

We have also German visitors on our site. They could and want to  read
the original.

We have the link to a PDF-Version of both versions in the footer of the
site (link to the German text at the first position).

I hope it would help to have a short paragraph at the beginning of the
site and a link to the English translation.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Developer LibreOffice