On 12-02-19 10:33 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi *,

despite some details not being perfect, the simplified download page
is now activated on www.libreoffice.org

activated = now new-style is in menu, old one was removed from menu,
frontpage links to newstyle-downlaod

However pages below old download have not been moved yet (or better:
URL-segment has not been exchanged, so new-style is still download35
instead of download) so that when you visit the release notes you
won't get the "Download" in the first navigation highlighted.

ciao
Christian

Wow, that looks great. Many thanks for putting so much time into
improving perhaps the most important first-impression part of LibreOffice :)

Here are a few comments:

- - The Torrent and Info should not be part of the green area, I clicked
by mistake on the torrent link. Perhaps only show torrent bit *on
release day* ? At least distinguish them better.
- - I love to see the clear link to the license! Many FLOSS projects
fail on that important part.
- - The "3.5 features' link should actually be "New features in version
3.5" or similar.

I also would like to add some logic - now that you *know* that I am
using a Debian Gnu/Linux distribution, it would be important to let me
know that packages are included and available from my package manager
(in version 3.X... ) or, should i prefer to install *Manually*, then I
can use the downloads links. I am willing to help with the logic *
testing for that, for Trisquel and Ubuntu.

Cheers,

Fabián Rodríguez
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:MagicFab

- --