Hi everyone

Now that we have moved past the release of v.3.5 work on the site, if we could, we should try to finalize the decision of a native LibreOffice calendar.

I've played a bit more with the SilverStripe Calendar and here are some of my concerns and questions:

* does the calendar show events in the visual calendar in a different colour than the non-registered dates? The example on the SilverStripe site has all dates on the Calendar the same colour * once you click on a date, there does not seem to be an obvious way of getting back to the "Upcoming events" page. Am I missing something? * although the Calendar does offer RSS feed, it does not offer ical export for use in other calendaring solutions like Thunderbird + Lightning. A combination often quoted as possible use rather than MSO + Outlook. * if we ever wanted to have a complete look at all NL calendars at a glance, would there be an easy way to combine all calendars? We could use this option for marketing purposes regarding to planning future dates and coordination of conference help.

I have played extensively with the Google Calendar and I have these couple of questions and some observations.

* if a Google Calendar were employed for the main calendar. Is there a way to include the calendar on the main website. I am using iframe on one of my sites and it works quite well. * if a Google Calendar were employed for the main calendar, would it be possible to make use of the regular SilverStripe admin login/passwords to work with the Google Calendar? * I prefer to see the Calendar used on the website on the "About" section; however, if we were to decide to use it instead on the wiki, would it be difficult to insert the calendar on the wiki as well as keep it on the website?

If you would like to see a working-busy Google Calendar in use, go to [http://www.musiqueancienne.org/index.php?module=content&func=view&pid=11], then to the week of July 8-14 and try out the "week"; "month"; "Agenda"; and the small down arrow to the right of "Agenda" to turn some calendars off and on.

So far, I favour the use of a Google Calendar embedded into our website and wiki (this will satisfy all member preferences). The only matter to discuss would be the process by which to create a "master-admin" and then share the admin of NL group calendars if they wish to participate. Note that NL only calendars can appear on the NL Libo sites, and the main site/wiki could provide a complete view of events if wished so.

Cheers

Marc