It milo in middle tennessee this campus is worse is the use of the
microsoft only products.
On Feb 11, 2012 6:30 PM, "Andras Timar" <timar74@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Marc,

2012/2/11 Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com>:
Hi Andras,

Le 2012-02-11 02:56, Andras Timar a écrit :

I think in "Featured Selection" we should show screenshots, not only

text. Most readers will not read further.:)  There are a few features
that should be included here (and there are a few which are not so
important). For example new UI for Header/Footer editing, Visio
import, custom shapes import, multi line input in Calc are key
features. Could you please come to irc this afternoon/evening (UTC+1)
and we can discuss it?

Thanks,
Andras

I will be back on later tonight UTC-5. Had to do some family stuff today
and
more tomorrow and can only be on intermittently during the day.

Feel free to leave me notes on what you think should be on the "Featured
list" ... I also left another long answer as to what I thought of the
"Featured list" that you may want to read.

Many thanks for your work! I read your e-mail about Featured list. It
is interesting what you think. However, I think Featured list is
important. We have many new features. We cannot expect that the press
and average user will list and know them all. We need to select ~6 big
features that are easy to understand and were hard to develop. When
somebody asks me, what is new in LibreOffice 3.5, then I can answer
shortly: "these are the key features plus there are many others, see
them on the website, if you are interested".

In your selection I found features that I would not highlight.
Word count dialog - good feature, but it is not that big
Arabic/Persian numbering types - not interesting for most of our users
New Calc functions - too technical
Calc performance improvement - too general, and we cannot show a
screenshot here :)
Math new symbols - too technical
Postgresql driver - too technical

I created a new page with my selection of most important features (3.5
Features (TA)). Please let me know what you think.

Below Featured Selection I think we need to list the features in order
of their importance, i.e. at least each section should be started with
the key feature, the features with screenshots, then others. I did not
fully understand why you used two column tables for some features and
single columns for others.

Cheers,
Andras

deleted