Am 29.11.2011 20:16, schrieb Alexander Werner:
There are already some forum apps built on django (see djangobb.org,
http://djangopackages.com/grids/g/forums/), that we could adapt. It
should be possible to run both djangobb and askbot in the same
project, therefore sharing the same userbase.

Unfortunately this list is rather scanty, also (or especially) in activity and userbase. :-(

Since Askbot is set, wouldn't it make sense to set the Askbot <-> forum interaction as a main attention point?

What do I mean with interaction? *At* *least* these points:

1. Same userbase (login, password, karma, etc.)
(I guess this is self explanatory.)

2. integrated SEARCH! (at best also while typing in the thread title)
What is the point of having such a nice Askbot, when the questions still get asked again and again and again in the forum?. And while we are at it, maybe integrate also the wiki pages in the search (but I may be dreaming here...).

Also hasn't this (Askbot/Forum integration) done before? It just seems so logic for me, I can't believe none has thought of this before ...

Nevertheless, this will probably need more work than using another
software, but if we can find one or two people working on it would be
nice in the long run.

If the interaction works nice & flawless, IMHO it would be superior right from the start.

Looking forward ... :-)
Tom

PS:
On http://djangopackages.com/grids/g/forums/
Askbot is also listed as forum? - probably meant in a wider sense or is there a hidden feature?