Thanks for the reply.

I know how much it can cost to do the business startup for a not-for-profit type. It can cost thousands of dollars to get it right. Copyrights and trademarks is another big budget item. When I created Kracked Press Productions, in the early 1990's it did not cost as much as it does today. The costs just for the legal fees are now more than a years' worth of my income to do it right.

As soon as the paperwork is done, then somehow, somewhere, having items to sell that will see money from it go into TDF/LO's accounts for running the business and marketing the product will be helpful. Can you imagine what it would be like to go to a software convention, or other type, with 10 or more people wearing logo shirts with some great phrase about why you should switch to LO? People see it and might wonder what it is and then look it up at home, or come over to talk to one of the people wearing the shirts. It would be interesting to find a place that offers good prices on placing a large logo on the back of a light jacket or sweatshirt, with something on the front as well. Walk down the street, people follow and see the logo with a URL.

Having "living" banner advertisements walking down the street, or in shopping areas, could be one way to get the word out there. I know a place in New York City. They do embroidery as their specialty. They also do silk-screening. I know that their minimum order is just 4 pieces, so you do not need large orders. I was thinking about getting an order in a few months, or at least before Spring. Winter weather is not good walking around without heavy jackets on. But it would be a way to have professional polo shirts made with the logo.