Le 2011-06-20 18:42, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
Marc Paré wrote:
Regarding one of those items on the wiki page: "Extension transfer from
OOo repository ", we should make sure that if we do this that we try to
find the author of the extensions to give proper attribution. When I
looked at the templates and hoped to transfer some from the OOo site,
most of these did not have the author's contact
As for the extensions, they are ZIP files and you can often (not always,
unfortunately) unzip them and find a README.txt file with author names
and contact details.

As for templates, the policy of templates.services.openoffice.org forces
some document properties to be filled in in the file itself before you
can upload a template. By inspecting the document properties, you will
find some details; the templates I uploaded are complete with contact
details, but I'm not sure about the rest.

we should include in our documentation of any of the submissions of
extensions/templates that the author's email is part of the contributing
form.
I think it's smarter to actually inspect the file, because this way the
basic information is embedded in the template and is carried around
every time it is copied. This is one of the nice things that make
templates.services.openoffice.org an interesting site (just in terms of
underlying technology).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Thanks for the interesting information Andrea.

IMO, if we are going to make these available on our site we should make it so that people do not have to go to these extremes to find the author's email address. I like the idea that the emails are "embedded" some way in the extension/template itself, but the email address should also be available for people to see as one of the section in the file description itself. This will add a little more transparency as far as the original submitter's identity.

Cheers

Marc

--
Marc Paré