Hi Marc, *

Marc Paré schrieb:
[...]

OpenMeetings makes use of Java and Flash. I played with it a bit and
it crashed my Firefox a couple of times -- I am not sure which was
the culprit, but as Craig Olofson mentioned in one of our
correspondence, Flash is most likely the reason. If it crashes
different members at random times, it could be enough to throw off
the meeting. We should get a team of 5-6 people to meet and to test
it out to see how robust it is.

Right. I think we should give it a try on one design topic as a test case.

I do find at times the re-draws a little laggy. But, it is still cool
to be able to use all these tools at the same time.

In the past (OOo Art/Branding project) we used IRC chats with document uploads at various (public) places.

We haven't been able to mark any specific point at the documents so had to describe what we meant.

If OpenMeetings work reliably (I didn't have any issues when I had a short look at it - Ubuntu 11.04 with SeaMonkey 2.0.14), this might be a huge improvement for interactive design work.

Re: meeting and average number of participants. I have been at all
meetings with the marketing team as well as all NA Community meetings
 and there are usually 5 or less participants. Only a couple of times
 were there any more than 5-6 and even then some were just there to
listen in. I am not sure how many people have sat in on design
conferences. Have there been any design conferences?

Not yet here at LibreOffice, but I don't think the numbers are much higher.

Best regards

Bernhard