Hi Narayan,

Narayan Aras schrieb:

Hi Bernhard,

I am sorry to see you take that extreme hardline approach.

You don't understand, why I reacted this way?

We are the LibreOffice community - people who spend many hours of their spare time (during the last months quite too many hours) to make the OpenOffice.org community independent from one single major contributor.

And you told the Design Team that it should have contributed to the website instead of doing the hard work more pressing at the time we did it - even if several of us described why we did it this way.

David had the final decision on the website - and his interest was different. It was okay that his voice had more weight than anybody else's, because he had contributed most of the present website.

Since he finally described his aims, the visual approach could be discussed during the last two days.

*You are not in a position to judge anybody's contribution*

Nobody is - as long as the contribution doesn't hinder other community members to do their work.

Your *WHY* questions are rhetorical and insulting:

You wrote:
1. The website project has no graphic designer on board-why?

Of course there are - several people from the Design Team read this list and contribute their thoughts and ideas. They have been overruled in the past, mainly because of time constraints - so they waited for their time to come. SC decision gave Ivan the last word in graphics contribution: Do you think they did this just because of his name?

=> Insulting the graphic designers here on the list.

2. There is no planned wireframe/icons for home page, and other sets of pages- why?

There have been plans and proposals - did you read the wiki pages already created and worked on since November? Even if this didn't lead to results by now - that's how a volunteer community works.

=> Showing you didn't inform yourself properly, you don't really know about an open source community.
=> Insulting the people actively contributing to the website.

2. We raced against launch date, missed it and still no graphic inputs-why?

We didn't miss launch date. We have a website that works, even if it needs quite a lot of optimization. => Insulting David, Ivan, Nik, Klaus-Jürgen and Christian who spent hours, days and weeks of their spare time in the website. We wouldn't have one without their effort.

Don't you think someone from your team had to contribute?

=> You tells other people that their priorities are wrong. Please *never* do something like that in a volunteer community if you don't show that you see their contributions, explain why you think this way and state clearly that this is only your personal opinion.
=> You'll drive contributors away from our community with such attitude.

Can I count on you to have your normal even-keeled approach? :)

If you come back to a positive attitude, I don't have any problems.

But with postings like the one above, I can't but position myself in front of the community.

You crossed a line - and if you don't understand why, I can't help you.

Best regards

Bernhard