On 2011-02-01 4:50 AM, Dr. Bernhard Dippold wrote:
With appropriate filters and threading in a modern mail client (like
Thunederbird) most of the advantages of a forum can be egalized by a
mailing list.

This is simply not true.

For one, most 'users' don't have a clue what you are even talking about.

Second, when a new user signs up, they cannot see PREVIOUS messages/threads.