Þann þri 25.jan 2011 19:54, skrifaði Rimas Kudelis:
Hi,

2011.01.25 18:38, David Nelson rašė:
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 00:42, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
We are aware of the decision by the Steering Committee,
and are as well
aware of the need for discernment, especially when it's
about long time
localizers who are supposed to know what they are
doing... :-)
But, Charles, perhaps that kind of peremptory action of
undoing a
contributor's work with no attempt whatsoever to discuss
the matter in
a rational manner should not be encouraged - not even from
an SC
member, if the project's governance is to have any
credibility.

Please may I ask that the page be left as I published it,
to give
others the chance to read the information and appreciate
its merits,
until the next SC meeting, at which time we could discuss
the matter
together?

I've just read the current version of
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/localizers/ . It's
perhaps a bit weird and vague (lots of talk, little info),
but on the other hand, I think this page targets those who
only want to become localizers, or maybe even have no idea
what localization is. For those of us, who already are
localizers, I think our wiki would be the right place to put
(technical) info and seek for it.

Disclamer: I haven't seen Sophie's version, so this opinion
is probably a bit skewed.

Best regards,
Rimas

Agree with Rimas, maybe it's the layout or the general presentation but I'm not sure if the main points get through. And the overall language gives me the feeling that I got lost on the web; "Wait, is this l10n or what...?". A bit wague, silky tone that gives the creeps to the kind of people I know who are doing l10n work. Maybe it can bring a new type of clients...

For example, IMHO the "Only in marketing..." paragraph is either displaced or simply unnecessary in this context. And maybe the tools mentioned in the second paragraph should be emphasized by presenting them in a table along with a bit more info.

But I think David may have a point; this page is a sort of a broad overview on reasons and general structure of localisation. And there should be another page (the wiki intro http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:L10n ?) which should be more of a howto.

Still I think it needs more "What can you do ?" kind of approach.

Disclamer #1: I haven't seen Sophie's version, so this opinion is only about the page as-is-now. Disclamer #2: I'm not a native english speaker, so there may be subtilities in the text I simply don't get.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli