Hi David,

thanks for the try ... although I know that time is running :-)

(Now here comes my famous) But ...

Am Montag, den 24.01.2011, 11:09 +0800 schrieb David Nelson:
Hi Christoph, :-)

I'm sorry, friend, but I've just been talking with Narayan about the
options, and what you are suggesting would involve re-designing the
whole IA. It will mess up everything and cause us numerous other
problems to solve in other places.

True.

And, honestly, I don't really agree with your point about this anyway.
Personally, I feel the Why pages are just fine where they are.

The "Why" pages are not the big deal at the moment - although the
position seems strange since "Home" is a different kind of page in
comparison with the other ones. Here is an example what the Germans did
a week (or so) ago - they added the top-level link "Anwender" (Users/
Usage) to the page:
http://de.libreoffice.org/anwender/

To be honest, I'm more worried about the menu behavior as I pointed out
earlier. I fear that some users will get confused - so I'd like to ask
you to consider this if the dust settles a bit. I'd like to solve that
issue with you, Ivan and all the other guys here. And by the way, I've
asked Ivan if there is an easy solution to "tweak" the highlighting.
Unfortunately ... not :-\

We have other things to get done urgently to get the site properly
ready, and I'm afraid I just don't have time for this.

It is not the right time, mate, sorry. :-(

We need to be happy that the site exists, and that it's looking clean,
and that there is valuable information and content for our users.

True :-)

And I'm sure that you also have more important things to focus on:
icons, the new design team members, etc...

Oh, it is like in the blog posting by Florian - it's hard to find the
right priority for all these tasks :-) Here, I'd like to make sure that
most people are not only happy with the content, but also with the
navigation. The more users can effortless navigate the pages, the more
downloads, the more supporters, the more ...

Anyway, I hope you understand my POV and don't feel badly about it.

Concerning the latter: no. Since I know that you also have to focus on
several things at the same time. But I feel free to bother you again
very soon, since it's still an issue :-) Okay?

Cheers,
Christoph