Servus David,

Am 25.01.2011 06:52, schrieb David Nelson:

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 06:00, Christoph Noack <christoph@dogmatux.com> wrote:

Concerning the latter: no. Since I know that you also have to focus on
several things at the same time. But I feel free to bother you again
very soon, since it's still an issue :-) Okay?

First of all, you're the only person to have raised issues with the
site

This is not true. I have been raising issues since the very
beginning and all over the time the site has been developed. My
latest action was to summarize and add them to
[[Website/Development]] on the wiki.

Furthermore, I share Christoph´s concern about that someone for
example who finds himself on
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/instructions/ does not find the
download page. Since Christoph already called attention to this
issue, I didn´t feel any necessity to point this out again from my side.

The fact that Christoph was the first one to indicate some points
and others did not explicitly second his statements, does not mean
that Christoph is the only one, who stumbled over the issues.
Especially since Christoph is known as a long-time and experienced
UX expert in the project, I guess many people normally do not see
the need to boost his arguments.

On the other hand, I'd be disappointed if what you want involves major
interventions on the site's content, because an *awful* lot of work
has gone into it, and it would be a pity if it was to turn out to be
wasted.

The community ows you very much respect for what you have achieved
with the website. On the other hand, you asked for some weeks of no
intervention in order to create the site without disturbance. It´s
very natural, that after such a phase, issues may be raised, that
mean major interventions on the whole work.

maybe
we can clarify things during a website confcall. Let's talk about it
by voice - which is sometimes a better means of communication than
email. ;-)

Hm. Please consider that this is an international project and some
active members are not so well skilled with English as a foreign
language. For these people it is much easier to communicate by
reading and writing.

(For example, it takes me very long to phrase all this in English.
You wouldn´t have fun with me, when I took part in a conference call.)

 ;-)

Stefan