On 1/18/11 5:20 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:

And no, they - meaning the SC - absolutely cannot claim ignorance,
Michael was discussing their progress on the lists for a long time.
Someone from the SC should have taken him aside as soon as they saw what
was happening.

I am a SC member, and I have not seen any mention of the progress of the web site on a mailing list pertaining to the SC. I have subscribed to the website mailing list when I have realized that the website group was totally disconnected from the SC. Sorry, but you cannot assume that everyone is reading every mailing list message, as we are volunteers and we have a professional and a personal life.

Communities do not behave like companies. They are moving slowly because it is mandatory to reach consensus before making a step further and the old rule "no answer = yes" does not work. So, I have recognized SC mistakes, but in this specific domain everyone has made mistakes and accepting this is a sign of maturity.

In another message, I have asked five questions. They might look silly, but as I have explained it is necessary that they get an answer. Please assume that SC members are totally ignorant of the "23 roles", and that this is not their fault but a fault of the people that have decided about the "23 roles" without being sure that the concept was shared and agreed by everyone.

I am deeply sorry for the time spent by volunteers on a project which is not reaching his objectives, but it is overly simplistic to put the blame only on the SC. We are humans, and because of this simple fact it is a mistake to assume that we can be informed of everything inside a project. Someone has made this mistake.

I look forward to the answers to my questions.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
E-mail: italo.vignoli@documentfoundation.org