Narayan,

Le Tue, 18 Jan 2011 15:49:45 +0530,
Narayan Aras <narayanaras@hotmail.com> a écrit :

Dear Charles,

Subject: RE : RE: [libreoffice-website] [Drupal] The road ahead and
missed      opportunities From:
charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org To: website@libreoffice.org

Dear Narayan,

I would advise you read the minutes of the latest steerinh
committee.

Thanks,

Charles.

I did read the minutes, thanks to the link provided by Michael.

I am not clear how a "statement" from SC made a way in the minutes.
That's not healthy.

Given that these are the minutes of the SC meeting, I'm not overly
surprised to find statements... from the SC.

Logically, I haven't seen any discussion at the mail list that can
lead to this conclusion.

Oh there were discussions on several mailing lists about that.

It should be circulated well in advance in the agenda and discussed
in the mail beforehand, right?

The agenda was posted well beforehand, and it was discussed over and
over again: WE WORK ON SILVERSTRIPE. WE DON'T WORK ON DRUPAL

What part of that don't you understand?

The "statement" from SC reads like a commandment; to be followed by
the faithful.

Are we reduced (already) to a cult where the high priests decide
everything?

Why can't we behave like an open community?

An open community does not mean chaos.
An open community works with decision making process. It seems that for
3 months, despite words written and spoken on the phone the simple
notion that there was a contest, that Silverstripe won against Drupal
simply does not print. What's so hard to understand about it?

As I mentioned in other mail, irrespective of the CMS used, the
central idea was to create a second website that meets the strategic
needs of the LibO ecosystem (in particular, the 23 roles). That
second site is named "Drupal" just for convenience.

So when did the SC reverse its decision on this?
What's the new approach to achieve the same (or better) outcome?

Sorry? 23 roles about what? Who the hell are you anyway? What's this
idea to create a "second website that meets the strategic needs of the
LibO ecosystem"? We don't even know about that!

The Drupal initiative does not hinder any of the current activities.
Neither does it divert any of the volunteers away.

Yes it does. And yes, the SC thinks of that way. I'm sorry it goes
against your thinking and against your opinion, but you should deal with
the fact that 1) people don't always follow what you think should be
done 2) the SC gets to make decisions, here, in this community.

So to summarize:

1) no discussion about Drupal, the 23 roles for a second website are in
order here, on this list or anywhere.
2) we work on the present website, there's a website team. If you want
to contribute to this team you're welcome.

Is it clear enough?

Thank you,
Charles.

So what's the problem?