Hi Ivan, *,

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Ivan M. <ivanm@patentpending.co.nz> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Christoph Noack
<christoph@dogmatux.com> wrote:
[...]
Are you thinking of something like the slideshow on the current
"LibreOffice"/Download page [2]? With some jQuery, a nice fade in/fade
out effect could be added to make it more appealing (e.g. [3]).

Something like that: sure (and the docmentfoundation page already has
fade-in/fade-out)

I played with colorbox on pumbaa to provide
slideshow/expand-that-thumbnail functionality:
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/colorbox/

The anniversary logo is a single one, the ones are the botton belong
to the same group/can be viewed as slideshow (you can also use your
keyboard arrows to go to previous/next image)

The photoshuffler that is used on the cited documentfoundation page is
added in the same way to
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/libreoffice/

I post this links to show you that it is doable with silverstripe,

Or
perhaps an embedded YouTube video showing 3.3's new features in action
(assuming such a video is made, of course :P)

Well - chicken and egg problem. Embedding youtube videos is no
problem, can be done, but you need one of course :-)

I would like some eyecatchers and other images/logos to freshen up the
site myself, but I'm no graphics artist :-/

I tried to design my proposal for medium sized screens.

Yes, please that in mind. The site should still work OK on 800pixel
wide monitors.

A few ideas, yes, but I don't know if they're any good :)

Well, if not good, then they'll surely attract someone to criticize
them and hopefully provide constructive feedback :-))

ciao
Christian