This thread seems to be coming to a natural end, as such I would like
to thank those who have participated in the sometimes heated debates
about the site specifics. With the possibilities with Drupal being
limited largely by our imagination, skill and time rather than the
system, there will be many more discussions down the track regarding
the tooling and UI for the website.

I would like to request that people are patient. As has been stated,
we are still in the early stages of site development, the theme has
not yet been created, the vast majority of the interactive UI is not
yet in place and we are still working through exactly how each team
envisages their ideal outcome to improve team coordination and
encourage new contributors.

One area that the Drupal website team will be focusing on over the
next few weeks is consulting and conceptualising the tools required
for the different teams. In order to build an inclusive community,
each and every workflow and tool must be transparent and documented;
accessible for all users/contributors and, most importantly, easy to
use.

With the LibreOffice release imminent and time management is tight, I
would like to reassure people that regardless of the progress over the
coming couple of months we will review and revision all of the
'features' of the community site well before any talk of an official
launch. Others share my view that we have the time to get it right for
all involved.

Again, thanks for all of the patience and constructive criticism with
regard to this project. It reinforces the fact that we are on the
right path, although bumpy, with a lot more consulting and
collaboration we will have the best possible outcome for our
blossoming community.

Michael Wheatland