On 11/10/2017 07:46 AM, Virgil Arrington wrote:
On 11/10/2017 04:51 AM, Joe Conner wrote:
LibreOffice 5.4.3 Ubuntu 64bit

I keep getting a pop-up:

_quote_

*Failure to download extra data files*

The following packages requested additional data downloads after
package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could
not be processed.

ttf-mscorefonts-installer

The download will be attempted again later, or you can try the
download again now.  Running this command requires an active Internet
connection.

_end quote_

Does anyone know why? Or what to do about it?

The mscorefonts installer requires the user to agree to Microsoft's
EULA, which is supposed to pop up during the installation process. What
I have found is that, with some Linux distros, the EULA pops up and with
others it doesn't. If the EULA doesn't pop up during installation, I
have gotten the error you mention.

I have no idea why it works sometimes and not others.

Virgil

I get the same error when I try to install - "ttf-mscorefonts-installer 3.4+nmu1ubuntu2"  It seems that the installer file is missing from where it use to be.

Here is what it states when I look into installing the package. This info helps with letting people know what fonts can be used instead of what would be installed.  Actually, I have the fonts in my font library and some I keep installed, just in case.

This package allows for easy installation of the Microsoft True Type Core Fonts for the Web including:

Andale Mono Arial Black Arial (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic) Comic Sans MS (Bold) Courier New (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic) Georgia (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic) Impact Times New Roman (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic) Trebuchet (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic) Verdana (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic) Webdings You will need an Internet connection to download these fonts if you don't already have them.

NOTE: the package fonts-liberation contains free variants of the Times, Arial and Courier fonts. It's better to use those instead unless you specifically need one of the other fonts from this package.