From: Riccardo Bernardini [mailto:framefritti@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 01:18
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Encryption algorithms in Libre Office?

Dear all,
I apologize in advance if this is a FAQ, but I was not able to find an
answer both in the FAQ page and in the first 4-5 pages of the mail archives
(I searched for "password" and "encryption").

I know that Libre Office allows you to save a "password protected
document," but I would like to know some more details about it. For
example, is the document actually encrypted or simply Libre Office refuses
to open it without the right password? (I expect [and hope] the former).
If the former hypothesis is correct, which encryption algorithms are used?

Thank you for any help.

Riccardo