Hi :)
+1
OpenOffice and LiibreOffice can take different directions and still co-operate.
Oracle didn't really seem to appreciate that but Apache do.  As 2 projects it
gives both a strong competitor to measure progress against.  It allows
OpenSource enthusiasts to join in with the TDF one and proprietary enthusiasts
to join the Apache one.  Most of us are somewhere in the middle and have a
choice but some companies are firmly entrenched one way or the other.

Regards from
Tom :)