Yes indeed. But then I started over, so I could have a subform. At that point, using the form wizard was the only way I could see to get one. Still is, dammit.
#1: No way to add subform to existing main form, using any control creation icon, menu item, or whatever. One must recreate main form and THIS time take the subform creation option.

But none of the drop down boxes work on "Containers > Items" Also sometimes the record shows 1 of 4 or 1 of 3 then back to 1 of 2 ( it was random) I could not get this to repeat. - you are absolutely right about this faulty form - I just think that it has become corrupted - IMHO delete and start again.
#2. Actually, no. It's not corrupted. It's dead on arrival. The problem is easy to recreate: Use a view or query as source table for main form, and/or subform, and/or one or more of the list boxes. I'm doing all three in this flawed form. I don't know what happens if a view is ONLY used, say, in the subform, or a list box, only. I do know that doing all three broke the form, and did again tonight when I tried to recreate this mess. Totally using raw tables fixed all problems.
Corrupted? Good thought. I wonder why I didn't think of that? It sure looks like that could be the problem. I haven't yet knowingly had that problem with Base, so I didn't think of it.

On opening either form, the icons on the left (on my system) were greyed out, so I could not enter the design / edit mode - which may be a problem with my system - and has thus so far prevented me from designing a form something similar for myself. I realise now (thanks to you - with a form to play with) that you must close the form, return to the front page, right click the form and enter it in Edit mode.
Yes. Opening it first, there is no way to go to edit mode. If you think you might want to edit the form, after opening it, you must first open it in edit mode, then switch to execute mode. You can then switch back to edit mode if desired.
Not a bug. A feature. A bad one, at that. One should be able to access edit mode from any form interface, as in MS Access. But this is hardly a show-stopper.

Hope this helps!

Tom Cloyd, MS MA
tc@tomcloyd.com
(435) 272-3332