Hi ken

On 24/06/11 4:07 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
On 6/23/11 9:22 AM, John B wrote:

Hi, John,

Hi Alex

One of the benifiets of emailers such as Thunderbird is that they have
brilliant email filters built in to them.

<snip>

So very quickly afterwards, I created a folder just for
[libreoffice-users] and I filter into that folder any email with that in
the title.

I've hated every mailing list I've ever used, although there are few of them. :-) I find keeping track of which emails related to which, subject wise, very hard to do. Frustrating, actually.

Likewise, I hate the basic way forums (the Nabble interface... ick!) are set up. The design usually wastes a lot of space on my monitor that rarely relates to finding answers to a problem.

It not only gives you the advantage of your email filter, i.e. all the LO emails are in a "folder", they are also sorted by "subject" and threaded if you desire.

I hope this makes sense. :-) Feel free to send an email if you wish, I could then send you a screenshot if you'd like to see what I'm trying to explain.

To be fair, the Gmane interface is on the LO website, but it's not well explained, and for me wasn't easy to find. I read about Gmane from the email list prior to finally finding the reference to Gmane on the LO website.

I put my OS info in my signature file via Thunderbird.
Doesn't the threaded view of emails in Thunderbird achieve the same as subscribing to gmane. I have all incoming email related to LO filtered into a folder and if it switches to threaded view it looks just the same as the view in gmane, but without the need for another account.
steve