Hi

As a disgruntled Lotus Smart Suite user, abandoned by IBM as are the Lotus Amipro users, I am well aware of the link between Symphony & OOo, as one reduced its support for LSS, so did the other one. In fact IBM have now turned its back permanently on LSS and not so surprisingly in Windows so has OOo; with still thousands and thousands of requests (pleads) for IBM not to do so (there is one request for compatibility - requested some 15,000 times). Whilst at the same time, LO increases its support - all praise to LO

I understand from reading the on-line guessing politics that IBM will at some point bring out a Paid for version, to link into Lotus Notes, so is this the "Price" OOo have had to pay to get IBM's blue interface:- the "cost" of not being LSS compatible - Hold this space!

Beside, IBM's Symphony hardly stood as an "office suit" with only 3 programs - and it was far to buggy for me.

I am very happy for LO to stay on course.

regards

John B