Hi :)
There are 2 advantages to NOT un-installing users configurations when the
package is un-installed.
1. When you reinstall again later on everything is set-up the way you like it.
2. You might have templates, dictionaries, even images in the gallery that might
be painful to lose
Both can be a huge advantage when upgrading or reinstalling.

Being able to rename the config folder so that you get back to "factory
defaults" for LO saves the hassle of having to reinstall just because something
went a bit wonky.  It can be an excellent quick-fi and can also be used to
trouble-shoot down to exactly where a problem occurred.

I wonder if it's possible to copy&paste the config to different machines (eg in
a corporate network) so that they all have some good settings?  I might play
around with that on Wednesday (if i remember).

It does seem a bit dumb, untidy or geeky at first but allows you a lot of
finesse and control.

Regards from
Tom :)